TIM USE CASES
USE CASE 1ZERO FAILURE ENVIRONMENT
Effectively automate manual activities
- Situation: A new employee starts on September 1st. in a company.
- Requirement: A fully functioning workplace on the first day of work
- Solution: TIM8
THE NEW EMPLOYEE STARTS ON 01.09.
- HR creates employees in the DB (Active Directory)
- TIM8 pulls data from AD and independently provisions the user
- Employee starts with functioning UC infrastructure
POSSIBLE SOURCES OF ERROR
- Input & transfer of master data
- Procurement of hardware & licenses
- Installation of hardware & software
- Lack of resources in support
- Cost center assignment
- Transmission of access data
TIM8 AUTO PROVISIONING ENABLES THE LINKING OF ALL UC RELEVANT SYSTEMS.
- Administrator can create different templates for different user classes.
TIM8 AUTO PROVISIONING
- The TIM server gets the user data from the AD
- TIM orders a hardphone based on the user class, provisioned on the CUCM Jabber / hardphone, possibly additional services
- TIM sends an email to the ITSM and all client and department-related data and information to the billing system
- TIM writes the number assigned and other information back to the AD
USE CASE 2SAFE RESOURCES
Smooth operation through intelligent linking
- Situation: A company's UC admin spends most of his time on daily tasks and support. Often in the most diverse and complicated systems. His knowledge is immense. The company tries to find reinforcements for him: unfortunately without success!
- Specification: Replace complex functions with simple interfaces and input masks
- Solution: TIM8
IN THE SUPPORT AREA, RESPONSE TIMES AND FAILURES INCREASE
- The name change of a newly married employee requires an entry in 4 different systems. It is forgotten: the employee has different names in different systems.
- At the same time, an employee's phone breaks. He can't reach anyone in support. The complexity quickly leads to errors in the setup.
- The effort to fix both errors is twice as high as originally assumed. The idea of having less trained staff carry out the support fails miserably. Now there are even more errors in the configuration.
SIMPLIFICATION OF USER INTERFACES
- Complex functionalities can be replaced by simple interfaces and input masks.
- If the name is changed, all associated descriptions of the phones, soft clients, etc. are adjusted
- Replacing damaged phones by entering a new MAC address, TIM adopts all assignments and settings from the old phone
- Simplified rollout, a working student selects the MAC address and user, TIM automatically creates end users, device profiles, Jabber, selects the next free number from the number range and notifies service to provide the hardware
- PIN / password reset including sending the new access data
- All helpdesk functions are freely configurable
USE CASE 3SAFE LIVES
A CUSTOMER CONVERSATION ESCALATED. THE EMPLOYEE WILL BE ATTACKED.
- Situation: When talking to a customer in an insurance branch, the customer is informed that the costs for his insured event will not be covered. His existence is at stake. He starts attacking the advisor.
- Target: safety of personnel and initiate desired actions
- Solution: TIM8 and ACTIGY®
THE CUSTOMER ATTACKS THE EMPLOYEE
- Consultant presses a button on the phone
- Alternatively, he presses the ACTIGY® button under the table
- The TIM Server uses predefined information
- One or more desired actions are performed
- Emergency call to the internal security service (no intercom)
- Silent alarm - evacuation
- Deactivation of the telephone line
- Automatic call to the branch line
- Activation of the microphone
- Monitoring function
- Closing the outputs and inputs
THE CONSULTANT TRIGGERS AN ACTION
- TIM Server executes the preconfigured actions
- Multicast to freely configurable further telephones and
Disable the speaker
- Sending emails with location information (Office No.)
Triggering of other alarm servers (3rd party) via REST
- Sending Jabber notifications
- Sending messages to hard phones with signal tone (configurable)
- Influencing call routing via ECCP